- DIAL-UP: Access for Maryland Residents
- This page provides information about the free dial-up Internet access available to residents of Maryland through the Sailor project. Account request forms are available at Enoch Pratt Free Library branches and many other libraries throughout the state.
- Internet Society’s All About the Internet: Internet Histories
- The Internet Society maintains an annotated collection of links to sites providing information about the people, programs, organizations, and other factors that have contributed to the development of the Internet.
- Microsoft Security
- This page links to Microsoft’s monthly Security Bulletins, online tools for detection and prevention of harmful software attacks, newsgroups and chats about security, and information for Windows users about registering their computers for automatic updates.
- From the National Cyber Security Alliance, this sites groups information by audiences including home users, parents, educators, and small businesses. Includes a glossary and links to free online security checks.
- The Internet Archive
- The Internet Archive, subtitled “Universal Access to Human Knowledge,” is a staggering resource created by a nonprofit organization compiling a library of Web sites and other digital media. It features files searchable and browsable in the categories of Moving Images, Live Music, Audio, and Text. Another noteworthy feature of the site is the WayBack Machine, which allows visitors to view old versions of Web sites by date.
- Wi-Fi @ the Pratt Library
- Information about the wireless network services available at selected Enoch Pratt Free Library locations.
maintained by the staff of the
Business, Science & Technology Department,
State Library Resource Center,
Enoch Pratt Free Library