- Baltimore City Services
- A central directory of services provided to Baltimore City residents, including utilities, animal control, street repair and sanitation.
- Baltimore Housing
- Baltimore Housing's mission is to ensure that all citizens of Baltimore have access to adequate and affordable housing opportunities in safe, livable and decent neighborhoods.
- Finding Help in Difficult Times
- A 'how-to' guide of programs and services available to Maryland residents during hard economic times. Published by the Enoch Pratt Free Library.
- Maryland Cash Assistance Programs
- This page from the Maryland People's Law Library provides information on cash assistance programs for Marylanders. It lists contact information and links to policy pages for each program.
- Maryland Department of Human Resources - Energy Assistance
- This website from the Office of Home Energy Programs (OHEP) provides links to information on Maryland's energy assistance programs: Maryland Energy Assistance Program (MEAP); Electric Universal Service Program (EUSP); Utility Service Protection Program (USPP); and Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP).
- Maryland Energy Administration
- This government website is devoted to promoting energy efficiency in the state of Maryland. It provides information on a wide range of topics including energy prices, energy programs and policies, financial incentives, and the various sources of energy available in Maryland.
- Maryland Low-Income Energy Programs
- This website lists programs that are available through federal, state and local governments, utility companies and charitable organizations, including low-income rate assistance.
- Maryland Medical Assistance Programs
- This Department of Health and Mental Hygiene website provides detailed information on a variety of medical assistance programs for low-income adults, families, and children in Maryland.
- Mayor's Office of Human Services
- This website provides contact numbers for all of the departments of Baltimore City Social Services as well as links to emergency food and housing assistance programs.
- Resources for Maryland Families
- This website provides links to a wide array of State assistance programs and services for low-income Maryland families. Topics covered include children and families, seniors, energy, education, employment, and health care.
maintained by the staff of the
State Library Resource Center,
Enoch Pratt Free Library