- Advocates for Children and Youth
- ACY is a private, statewide organization that monitors the public agencies that control Maryland's schools and makes policy recommendations based on their research. This site provides general information and statistics about issues involved in educational policy-making in Maryland.
- Catholic Schools: Archdiocese of Baltimore
- This site provides information on Catholic schools in the Baltimore region and church involvement in the schools. Look up schools by name for contact information, curriculum, history, and links to school websites.
- Directory of Maryland Public Education
- The 2009-2010 Directory of Maryland Public Education is a publication of the Maryland State Department of Education. It provides information on local school systems, higher education organizations, and MSDE divisions, offices, and employees. The information is current as of October 2009.
- Learning in Maryland - Maryland.gov
- This site provides information on primary, secondary, and higher education, financial aid, adult learning, and other resources.
- Live Baltimore: Education
- This site provides information on public schools in Baltimore and links to private schools and educational organizations in the city. Links to colleges in the city are also provided.
- Maryland Report Card
- This database of information provides statistical information on assessments in Maryland public schools. Once can bring up data for the entire state, each county school system or any individual school in Maryland. Included for each are assessments, graduation/dropout data, student demographics and annual yearly progress (AYP) reports. The current edition is based on the 2009-2010 academic year.
- Maryland State Department of Education
- This official site features detailed plans for the state school system, progress reports published by various state and private organizations, and useful links for educators, parents, and students.
- Maryland Voluntary State Curriculum
- The Voluntary State Curriculum defines what Maryland students should know and be able to do at each grade level Pre-K through 8, in mathematics, science, health and PE, reading/English language arts, social sciences and arts.
- The Fact Book-Maryland State Department of Education
- This annual statistical publication shows overall data for school assessments, finance, staffing, enrollment and public libraries. The current edition covers the 2009-2010 school year.
- Thinkport is a resource for Maryland educators, families, and community members, sponsored by Maryland Public Television and Johns Hopkins University Center for Technology in Education. It provides interactive lesson plans, online training, course enrollment, new teacher support, graphic organizers, community calendars, and classroom web sites.
- CollegeSource Online
- CollegeSource® Online features over 12,200 College Catalogs in complete cover-to-cover original page format including 2-year, 4-year, graduate, and professional schools.
maintained by the staff of the
State Library Resource Center,
Enoch Pratt Free Library