- American Association of Medical Colleges: Resources for Future Physicians
- Interested in becoming a doctor? Find lots of resources from the American Association of Medical Colleges to plan your future. All stages of the decision-making process are included, from considering a medical career, applying to medical school, advice for medical students, and resources for residents.
- American Medical Association - Health Care Careers
- Learn more about the wide variety of health care careers available. Information about different types of careers, incomes ranges, and the annual Allied Health Professions Survey are included. You can also subscribe to a monthly Health Care Careers e-Letter to learn more about educational trends and career resources for many health care fields.
- Career Exploration: Find Out What it Takes to Become a Medical Librarian!
- From the Medical Library Association (MLA). Information about how to become a medical librarian is provided through downloadable tip sheets and brochures.
- Discover Nursing
- Interested in becoming a nurse? Learn more about nursing programs and scholarships and why now is a great time to become a nurse. Profiles of nurses with diverse backgrounds are included and provide additional insight into the career.
- Explore Health Careers
- Learn more about a wide variety of careers in the health care field. Information on training, funding, and profiles of current students are included.
- GEM Nursing
- Learn more about the field of nursing from the U.S. Department of Labor and the University of Michigan School of Nursing. While the Web site primarily focusing on mentoring new nurses, many resources for career exploration are included.
- Nursing Careers & Schools
- Information is provided on nursing school, careers, and salaries.
- Career Guidance Online
- This database provides an in-depth look at salary ranges, advancement prospects, employment trends, online information, necessary experience, and relevant unions and associations.
Maintained by the staff of the
Job & Career Information Center,
State Library Resource Center,
Enoch Pratt Free Library