- The Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR), a compilation of Maryland State agency regulations, is available here and is searchable.
- Gateway to Maryland Law
- The Maryland State Law Library's Gateway to Maryland Law includes current Maryland Code and Rules, Case law resources, and regulatory law, as well local county & municipal codes.
- Guide to Maryland Legislative History Research
- A guide created by the Maryland State Law Library for researching legislative history in the state of Maryland. Includes strategies, suggestions, and helpful links.
- Historical List of Maryland Government
- A chronological list of officials who have served in Maryland Government arranged by office. Also includes some local government lists and has a comprehensive index. This list is provided by the Maryland State Archives.
- Maryland Code and Rules of Procedure - Lexis/Nexis
- Lexis/Nexis provides searchable access to the state laws of Maryland, and to the rules of procedure currently followed by state and federal courts in Maryland.
- Maryland Code and Rules of Procedure - Westlaw
- Westlaw provides searchable access to the state laws of Maryland, and to the rules of procedure currently followed by state and federal courts in Maryland.
- Maryland Department of Transportation
- Transportation not only controls motor vehicle matters but also aviation, the Port of Baltimore, transit and highways. If it moves in Maryland this is the place to start. The Motor Vehicle Administration, within the Maryland Department of Transportation, has information on obtaining a driver’s license, registering a motor vehicle, and more.
- Maryland General Assembly
- Main portal for Maryland's legislature. Includes information and status of bills, hearing schedules, how to contact legislators, and other pertinent information.
- Maryland Judiciary
- Information about the Maryland Court system (Orphan’s, District, Circuit, and Appellate Courts) and related agencies, including their locations, contact numbers, forms and fee schedules. Visitors to the site have searchable access to basic data on all civil, traffic, and criminal cases occurring in the state after October 1, 2004. Reported Maryland Appellate Court Opinions since 1995 are also available.
- Maryland Manual
- The Maryland Manual is the guide to Maryland government that also includes local government and other information related to Maryland.
- Maryland State Law Library
- The Maryland State Law Library serves the needs of Maryland's citizens and government by building and preserving collections of legal information resources, promoting access to these collections, and creating educational opportunities that enhance the understanding of legal information.
- Office of the Maryland Attorney General
- Consumer complaints may be filed online with the Attorney General’s Office through this site. Information about initiatives to protect children, seniors, and consumers is made available here
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- Information for the Court's locations in Baltimore and Greenbelt, including the Court calendar, local rules, and recent decisions.
- Who are your Elected Officials?
- Would you like to know who represents you in the Maryland General Assembly and in Congress?All you need to know is the street address and zip code of your residence to use the look up form to find your elected officials. Also includes Baltimore City Council district information. A service provided by the Maryland State Archives.
Maintained by the staff of the
State Library Resource Center,
Enoch Pratt Free Library