- Baltimore Source Link
- Created by the City of Baltimore's mayor, this source aims to answer all questions business-related, from where to get licenses and permits, to how to fund a new business venture. Event and contact information for local entities can also be found using this small business hub.
- Industries/Professions Tax Centers
- Developed by the IRS, this page provides links to tax tips, trends, and statistics for many different industries, including child care, construction, real estate, and restaurants.
- Maryland Comptroller of the Treasury
- Services to business include tax information, downloadable Maryland tax forms (from 1995 to the present), and the Maryland Combined Registration Online Application.
- Maryland Department of Commerce
- This site, provided by the Department of Business & Economic Development, contains Maryland demographic and economic profiles, applications for business licenses and permits, leasing information for office and lab space, and an overview of the State’s services to small business.
- Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation
- Links to important information for labor and industry in Maryland, online access to state required occupational and professional licensing, information about workforce development, and services to job seekers and employers through the Maryland Workforce Exchange, are all available at this site.
- Maryland Small Business Development Center Network
- The Maryland Small Business Development Center Network (MDSBDC), a partnership between the U.S. Small Business Administration and the University of Maryland College Park, provides sound advice, counseling and support to entrepreneurs and small to mid-size businesses at more than 20 service locations statewide.
- Maryland State Department of Assessment and Taxation
- A ‘must see’ site when starting a new business in Maryland. Business entity forms, Security Interest Filings (UCC), and commercial property assessment, tax, and exemption information can all be found here.
- Maryland Workforce Exchange
- At this one-stop site for job seekers and employers statewide, registered visitors can look for a job and employers can post openings. One may post a resume, locate occupational education programs, or search an online calendar for employment events.
Maintained by the staff of the
Business, Science & Technology Department,
State Library Resource Center,
Enoch Pratt Free Library