- All Law: Legal Topics
- A federal and state law resource center, All Law's "Legal Topics" includes overviews, articles, nonprofit organizations, attorney contact information, and universities that specialize in those topics.
- Divorce and Separation: An Overview
- Cornell University's excellent Legal Information Institute Web site offers this handy resource for information about divorce. The site provides ready access to state laws, as well as recent decisions from the U.S. Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court.
- Famous Trials
- This website features expert analysis of more than fifty famous trials. It also includes maps, paintings, photos, and transcript excerpts from the trials.
- Internet Public Library: Patents, Trademarks, Copyright, Public Domain, and Fair Use
- This special collection is dedicated to frequently asked questions on intellectual freedom topics. Each legal topic includes definitions, government websites, and universities for further research.
- Law Library of Congress Guide to Law Online
- This guide has links to websites on United States federal and state law as well as international and comparative law resources.
- Legal Aid Bureau of Maryland
- The Legal Aid Bureau of Maryland provides free legal services for low income clients, including tenants in private and subsidized housing.
- Legal Information Institute
- Maintained by Cornell University Law School, this site has a series of topical pages with summaries and Internet source listings for about 100 areas of law, ranging from adoption to workplace safety.
- NOLO's Estate Planning: Wills, Trusts, & Probate
- NOLO's Estate Planning website includes articles and advice from experts on how to create living wills, plan an estate, and find a lawyer in your state.
- People's Law Library of Maryland: Family Law
- The Family Law section of the People's Law Library includes articles on adoption, child support, marriage, divorce, and other related topics.
maintained by the staff of the
State Library Resource Center,
Enoch Pratt Free Library