- A Miniature Library of Philosophy
site gathers full text and overviews of a large section of philosophy from the
early-moderns to contemporary philosophy. Well documented, with a highly readable
- Ancient Philosophy
the Los Angeles Valley College, this is a thorough introduction to ancient
- Early Modern Texts
this collection of texts is not comprehensive, it does focus on the major
players of the period. What is most valuable is that the texts are easy to read.
- Internet Classics Archive
site holds a collection of over 400 classical works by 59 different authors.
- PhilPapers is a comprehensive online directory of articles and books by academic philosophers. Includes a search engine, as well as browsing by subject and individual journals.
- Squashed Philosophers
- Condensed versions of many of the Classics of Western Philosophy. The “squashing” attempts to explain the most important ideas of each work, captured in the philosophers' own words.
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- This excellent site offers entries on philosophers, topics in philosophy, and philosophical movements. Entries are written by distinguished professors of philosophy and refereed by an editorial board before publication.
- General Proquest
- General ProQuest contains abstracts from over 1100 magazines from 1986 to the present. Includes Newsweek, New Yorker, Jet, Rolling Stone and Science News.
maintained by the staff of the
State Library Resource Center,
Enoch Pratt Free Library