- Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
- Provides news and statistics in the following four categories: national, regional, international, and industry-based economics. Use this resource to access current and historical data pertaining to consumer spending, GDP monitoring, and domestic and international trade. BEA is a central statistical Federal agency and is considered essential for economic analysis.
- Bureau of Transportation Statistics
- Use the "Data and Statistics" link on the homepage as the portal to current information and statistics on anything transportation-related. Search by keyword, or browse by region, mode (e.g. highway, airline, maritime, rail), or subject (e.g. energy and environment, safety, economy and finance, infrastructure), etc.
- Department of Commerce
- Provider of current information on domestic and international trade. Use this Federal resource to research information concerning open worldwide markets, trade and investment, and direct foreign investment (FDI).
- This site contains country statistics, economics and history, as well as market indicators and global resources related to international law, trade, and research. This resource was created by the Center for International Business Education and Research at Michigan State University and contains academic-level information on international trade and industry.
- U.S. Census Bureau
- "FOREIGN TRADE is the official source for U.S. export and import statistics and
responsible for issuing regulations governing the reporting of all export shipments
from the United States. If you're searching for import or export statistics,
information on export regulations, commodity classifications, or a host of
other trade related topics, this is the place to get the information you need." - US Census Bureau
- U.S. Department of State - Directory of Embassy Web Sites
- Lists contact information and Web links of foreign embassies in Washington.
- U.S. Export and Country Commercial Guides
- Use this resource to research international markets, the political and commercial environment of each country, trade regulations (customs and standards) along with trade and project financing available for U.S. export businesses. Information is also available concerning the leading industry sectors relevant to U.S. Exports. "Investment Statements" for each country are found under "Country Commercial Guide."
- USITC Trade Database
- Provides statistics on U.S. imports and exports, as well as information on tariffs, and which countries have normal trade relations with the U.S. Access is provided after free registration. Maintained by the U.S. International Trade Commission.
- World Trade Institute
- Assists Maryland's B2B (business-to-business) community to successfully engage in international trade. They provide classes related to the import/export industry, as well as provide networking opportunities for Baltimore-based import and export concerns.
Maintained by the staff of the
Business, Science & Technology Department,
State Library Resource Center,
Enoch Pratt Free Library