- The Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR), a compilation of Maryland State agency regulations, is available here and is searchable.
- Historical List of Maryland Government
chronological list of officials who have served in Maryland Government
arranged by office. Also includes some local government lists and has a
comprehensive index. This list is provided by the Maryland State
- Maryland Code and Rules of Procedure
- A free website from Lexis/Nexis providing searchable access to the state laws of Maryland, and to the rules of procedure currently followed by state and federal courts in Maryland.
- Maryland Department of Transportation
- Transportation not only controls motor vehicle matters but also aviation, the Port of Baltimore, transit and highways. If it moves in Maryland this is the place to start. The Motor Vehicle Administration, within the Maryland Department of Transportation, has information on obtaining a driver’s license, registering a motor vehicle, and more.
- Maryland General Assembly
portal for Maryland's legislature. Includes information and status of
bills, hearing schedules, how to contact legislators, and other pertinent information.
- Maryland Judiciary
- Information about the Maryland Court system (Orphan’s, District, Circuit, and Appellate Courts) and related agencies, including their locations, contact numbers, forms and fee schedules. Visitors to the site have searchable access to basic data on all civil, traffic, and criminal cases occurring in the state after October 1, 2004. Reported Maryland Appellate Court Opinions since 1995 are also available.
- Maryland Manual
Maryland Manual is the guide to Maryland government that also includes
local government and other information related to Maryland.
- Maryland Municipal Codes Online
- E-Codes: Municipal Codes on the Internet provides links to select Maryland Municipal Codes online. The Codes are organized through a table of contents structure and can also be searched by keywords. Codes for Anne Arundel, Frederick, Garrett and Montgomery Counties are found on a separate site. Baltimore City code can be temporarily found here.
- Office of the Maryland Attorney General
- Consumer complaints may be filed online with the Attorney General’s Office through this site. Information about initiatives to protect children, seniors, and consumers is made available here
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- Information for the Court's locations in Baltimore and Greenbelt, including the Court calendar, local rules, and recent decisions.
- Who are your Elected Officials?
you like to know who represents you in the Maryland General Assembly
and in Congress?All you need to know is the street address and zip code
of your residence to use the look up form to find your elected
officials. Also includes Baltimore City Council district information. A
service provided by the Maryland State Archives.
Maintained by the staff of the
State Library Resource Center,
Enoch Pratt Free Library