- America in the 1930's
- University of Virginia collection of film, print, visual and broadcast media from the 1930s. Experience the decade through the media that was consumed at the time. Use the toolbar across the top of the page to move between the different sections of the page.
- American Life Stories
- "This collection of life histories consists of approximately 2,900 documents, compiled and transcribed by more than 300 writers from 24 states, working on the Folklore Project of the Federal Writers’ Project, a New Deal jobs program that was part of the U.S. Works Progress (later Work Projects) Administration (WPA) from 1936 to 1940."
- Depression and the New Deal Primary Source Set (PDF)
- Images, explanatory text and extensive citations related to the Depression and the New Deal.
- Documenting America, 1935-1943: The Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information (FSA-OWI) Photo Collection
- Photograph collection that documented life in American from the Great Depression to the first years of World War II.
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt Cartoon Archive
- Online collection of political cartoons from the administration of Franklin Delano Roosevelt, spanning the period 1932-1944.
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt Fireside Chat, July 24, 1933
- Fireside chat script, a poster and a photograph, along with explanatory text, describing the establishment of the National Recovery Administration.
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt Presidential Library Archives
- Online collections from the FDR Presidential Library, including speeches, executive orders, press conferences and correspondence.
- New Deal Primary Source Set
- Images, posters, and documents from the New Deal era, selected and presented by the Library of Congress.
- The Great Depression: 1929-1939
- University of California "Calisphere" collection of black and white photographs from the Great Depression, including questions to guide analysis.
Maintained by the staff of the
Social Science & History Department,
State Library Resource Center,
Enoch Pratt Free Library