Maryland poets, this FREE contest is for YOU!
The winning poem will be published in Little Patuxent Review,
honored at a public reading at the Pratt Library, and celebrated at
Baltimore’s CityLit Festival. Runners-up may be considered for
publication in Little Patuxent Review.
- Entrants must be Maryland residents, 18 or older.
- Paid or volunteer staff of the Enoch Pratt Free Library and Little Patuxent Review and their immediate families are not eligible, nor are previous Pratt Library Poetry Contest first-place winners.
- Please send only one original poem, on any theme and in any form, for consideration.
entry must be unpublished, either in print or on the Web, including
personal blogs, Facebook, or Twitter. It cannot be currently under
review for possible publication.
- Your entry must not exceed 100 lines.
- Submit your typed entry as a Microsoft Word attachment by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Poetry Contest, Fiction Department, Pratt Library, 400 Cathedral St, Baltimore MD 21201-4484
- Entries received after March 1, 2019, will be disqualified.
- Name, address, phone number, and the submitted poem’s title must accompany the entry on a separate page.
- Confirmation of receipt and comments on your entry will not be provided, nor will your entry be returned to you.
The winner will be announced on this page in mid-April.
Interested in past winners? Check out the poems that won in previous years.
Print and share a Poetry Contest flyer (PDF).