Photocopying and Low Resolution Scans
Special Collections provides its customers with several different photographic and digital services.
- Using personal digital cameras
- Low resolution scanning
- High resolution digital scans for use in published work
- All duplication requests will be reviewed by Special Collections staff.
- Use of any copyrighted work beyond fair use
must first have written permission from the rights owner.
- It is the sole
responsibility of the customer to determine Fair Use
and obtain any necessary permissions.
- The sale of a reproduction by the Enoch Pratt Free Library does not
constitute permission to display, distribute, or publish, the material.
To obtain permission to publish a library work please check out our Copyright and Duplication Services.
- Materials will be photocopied by Special Collections staff.
- 10 cents per page b/w photocopies, 50 cents for color.
- Payment must be made at the circulation desk in the Central Hall.
- Some materials are too fragile to be copied, or may require additional time (24hrs) to properly handle the scanning.
- Digital cameras are allowed in the reading room for research purposes only.
- Permission must be requested from the Special Collections librarian.
- Staff will take into consideration condition and copyright considerations before granting permission.
Low Resolution Scanning for Research
- Low resolution scans (175ppi) are available for purchase for personal research only.
- Files will be emailed to customer within 3-5 business days.
- Cost is $10.00 per scanned item.
- Some materials may be unavailable for scanning due to condition or copyright considerations.