Erected in 1910, the Patterson Park Branch was a gift from philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. His endowment of $500,000 enabled the Pratt Library to build fifteen libraries throughout the city.
Features and Services
- Free street parking
- Public computers with free Internet access
- A computer with children's programs
- Large collection of graphic novels
- Large Spanish language collection including magazines
- Computer printers - 5 free prints per day
- Photocopying machine
- Handicapped-accessible restroom with baby changing table
- Meeting room available for community groups, 100 person capacity
Variety of Magazines
The Patterson Park Branch has a wide variety of magazines including some in Spanish.
Spanish Language Collection
has books, magazines, newspapers, videos, CDs and DVDs.
Anime and Manga
Graphic novels and magazines are available for borrowing. Select from series by Masashi Kishimoto, Bisco Hatori, Hiroumu Arakawa,and Tite Kubo among other author/artists.