Enoch Pratt Free Library Houses the State Library Resource Center
The Central Library of Baltimore City's public library system, the Enoch Pratt Free Library, was designated the State Library Resource Center (SLRC) by the General Assembly in 1971.
This designation and accompanying State support allow all Maryland citizens to have access to a public library whose resources are unparalleled in the State. SLRC works with regional, local public, school, special and academic libraries which allows materials and information to be shared state- wide. SLRC provides services to Marylanders and serves as a back-up information resource for local libraries and their customers.
Interested in learning more about what being Maryland's State Library Resource Center means? Check out all the services SLRC provides Marylanders.
SLRC Virtual Tour
Central Library/State Library Resource Center Renovation
Books and other resources
- 1,900,000 books, pamphlets, tapes
- 1,050,000 U.S. Government documents
- 600,000 magazines, newspapers, and books in microform
- 11,000 periodicals, of which 4,000 are current magazine subscriptions
- 90,000 maps
- 20,000 Maryland State documents
- 21,500 DVDs and videos
- 2,100 16mm film titles
- Sailor, Maryland's online public information network
- Online access to journal, newspaper and encyclopedia articles through our databases