Canton Branch

History of the Canton Branch

The Branch opened for operation in February 1886; It's the only branch of the original four branches, still open to the public as one of Enoch Pratt libraries; Under renovation 1976 and again in 1984; Historic slate roof was replaced in 2007; Underground drainage system connecting downspouts to Baltimore City drainage system was completed in 2008; Closed for renovations in 2012. Grand reopening February 12, 2016.