Laptop Loan in the Central Library
The Enoch Pratt Free Library offers in-house circulation of laptops as a special service in the Central Library. Each laptop is wireless enabled with full access to the Internet and Microsoft Office. The Library reserves the right to update and change
the policies below without notice. It is the responsibility of the user to read and accept the guidelines detailed in the Laptop Loan Agreement Form.
Checking Out Procedure
- Customer must be 18 years of age or older and present a valid Enoch Pratt Free Library card in good standing and a valid government-issued photo ID to check out a laptop. (ID will be kept at the Circulation Desk until the laptop is returned)
- Library card must have been issued at least 30 days prior to checking out a laptop.
- Laptops are for IN-LIBRARY-USE only.
- Laptops will only be checked out to the cardholder.
- Only one laptop per person, per card, per day may be checked out.
- The return time will be printed on your receipt and taped to your laptop.
- If you see a problem with the laptop either in condition or in its operation, or if something happens while you are using it, tell the Circulation staff immediately in order to avoid being held liable.
- This laptop will operate only within the Library’s wireless network.
Loan Periods And Use Procedures
Laptops are checked out for two hours.
- Laptops cannot be reserved.
- No laptops can be borrowed 30 minutes prior to the Library closing.
- There are no floppy drives on the laptop; you must use a USB device to save your work
- Do not leave the laptop unattended or loan it to another person. You are responsible for loss while the laptop is checked out to you.
- Laptops can be easily damaged by impact. Users should be extremely careful with them.
- Laptops should never be removed from the Library for any reason (Ex: if the building is evacuated, the laptop must immediately be returned to the Circulation Desk).
- Do not tamper with the security features or attempt to install personal software.
- No user files or downloads will be retained on the hard drive.
Returning A Laptop
- All laptops must be returned to the Circulation Desk.
- Laptops are nonrenewable.
- Laptops must be returned in the same condition as received; if returned damaged or laptop is lost, customer agrees to pay for any repairs or the full replacement cost of the laptop.
Questions about this service may be directed to the Circulation Desk at 410-396-5325.