Overdue Materials & Fees
Please return all library materials on or before the due date as
others may be waiting to borrow them. There are no charges for Pratt
materials returned late (overdue).
Materials that remain overdue
after 14 days will be assumed lost. If the materials are not returned,
library accounts will be referred to a collection agency. An additional
$10.00 collection fee will be added to the account. The collection
referral fee will be canceled if all materials are returned or the cost
of the materials is paid in full.
Fines are only charged on
interlibrary loans items (materials on loan from other library systems -
noted as Marina and OCLC on a white band). The charges are as follows:
- Interlibrary Loan Items on Adult Cards: 20 cents per day per item; maximum fine $6.00 per item
- Interlibrary Loan Items on Children's and Young Adult Cards: 10 cents per day per item; maximum fine $3.00 per item
Fees for lost or damaged library materials:
- Books that can be repaired: $10.00
- Books lost or damaged beyond repair: Full replacement cost of item, plus $6.00 processing fee
- Audio and Video/DVD: Full replacement cost of item, plus $6.00 processing fee (this fee also applies to lost or damaged items/sets)
Replacement with an exact, new copy of a lost library item plus a $6.00 processing fee may be accepted, provided it meets library standards, e.g. if the damaged/lost item is a hard cover then the replacement must be the same.
- Lost Library Card: $2.00
- Media Case: $10.00
- Sights & Sounds Shipping case: $2.00