Get a Pratt Library Card
Anyone who lives or owns property in Maryland is eligible for a free Pratt Library card.
How To Apply
What's Needed to get a Library Card?
Applicants must present a combination of identification that includes their
- current address
Any sufficient combination of the following may be used:
- A valid driver's license
- Valid Maryland State identification
- Military Identification
- Identification established via a postcard mailed from a Pratt Library
- Current employee identification
- A utility bill or lease document dated within past thirty days
There are no age restrictions for library card applicants. However:
- Parents or guardians must sign library card applications for all children 12 and under and the child must be present at the time of the application.
- Parents or guardians who sign for children 12 and under are responsible for materials borrowed by those children.
- Parents or guardians are responsible for monitoring their children's access to Library resources, including the Internet.
Different Types of Library Card Accounts
The Pratt Library offers special cards and privileges to different age groups as well as to teachers and companies. Please see Types of Library Card Accounts for details.
Out of State Library Cards
Nonresidents may obtain a Pratt Library card with acceptable identification and payment of an annual $50.00 nonresident fee.
Nonresident applicants may print and complete the online application and mail it to:
Enoch Pratt Free Library
400 Cathedral St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Nonresident applicants must send a copy of valid identification, as listed above and a check for $50.00. The library card will be mailed to the applicant within 30 days
Using Your Card at Other Maryland Libraries
The Pratt Library card may be used at public libraries throughout Maryland.
Anyone carrying a valid library card from another public library in Maryland may register that card with the Pratt Library. Additional identification with signature and address is required.
Keeping Your Card Updated
The Pratt Library card is permanent. The cardholder's name and address must be verified every two years in person.
Exceptions are Firm, Non-Resident, and Teacher Cards which must be renewed annually.
If you change your name, address, or telephone number, it is necessary to come to the Library in person to update your record.
If your library card is lost or stolen, please notify the Library immediately or within 48 hours (410-396-5325 or email@example.com).
The cardholder is responsible for any items borrowed until the loss of the card is reported. There is a $2.00 fee for a replacement card.