Maryland Interlibrary Loan Instructions
Marina is a free, statewide interlibrary loan system for requesting books your Library does not own from a number of libraries in Maryland. All you need is your library card. The requested materials will be delivered to the Enoch Pratt Free Library branch that you select. Learn more
To Place A Request
First verify that your title is not one of the items that may not be requested (see exceptions below)
- Use this link: Place an Interlibrary request through Marina
- Enter your library card number (without spaces) in the text box.
- Click on Login button.
- Enter your search term and click "Search."
- If you need to refine your search to locate your material click on advanced search and enter your search terms.
- Click on the title you require.
- Click on the drop down box and select a pick up location.
- Click on the request button to order the item.
- Once the request has been entered into the Relais ILL system, you will be given a confirmation that the request was successfully submitted and will be shown the number assigned to the request.
If you find that Enoch Pratt Free Library owns the item, click on available at the PRAT Library. You will be taken to the Pratt catalog to place a hold.
If no results were found from your search results:
- Click on Request Loan
- Fill in the ILL Marina Book Request with the title, author, etc.
- Please make sure that your contact information is correct on the form.
- Click Submit
- Materials owned by the Enoch Pratt Free Library
- Books that are on order
- Reference materials
- Rental Videos or DVDs
- Entire magazine issues
(for articles, see a librarian or use full text web resources.)