For information on how to complete this form and style suggestions please click these resources:
Writer: John Damond
Editor: Caprice Di Liello
Links Last Checked: 2015-02-06
- Business & Personal Finance
Business, Science & Technology Department
Free Tax Help
Tax Preparers from the Baltimore CASH Campaign will again use the Pratt Central Library as one of their tax preparation locations in 2015. Individuals and families who earned $54,000 or less in 2015 qualify to use this service.
Taxes are prepared by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, please visit bmorefreetaxes.org or call Baltimore CASH at 410-234-8008 between 8.30am and 9pm.
Free tax preparation and filing software is available at myfreetaxes.com/baltcash.
For the locations of other free tax preparation sites in Maryland, please call 1-800-492-0618
- IRS Digital Daily
- The Internal Revenue Service site provides a variety of current tax information and assistance. Forms, instructions, and publications dating back to 1990 are available in Adobe PDF format.
Forms: 2015/ Previous Years
- Maryland Comptroller of the Treasury
- In addition to providing tax forms and publications dating back to 1996 in Adobe PDF format, this site offers an overview of Maryland taxes and tax guidance for new businesses.
Forms: 2014/ Previous Years
- Homeowners' and Renters' Tax Credits
- The Maryland State Department of Assessments and Taxation provides information on this site on how to apply for these tax credits, including downloadable forms.
- Links to State Tax Forms
- Provided by the Federation of Tax Administrators, this page links to the tax forms of each of the fifty states and the District of Columbia.
Forms at the Library
The Central Library and many Branch Libraries distribute the 2014 Federal 1040 tax forms and Maryland booklets free of charge. The IRS is not making instruction books available to libraries this year. To order instructions to be mailed to you, go to www.irs.gov/orderforms or call 1-800-829-3676. Other 2014 Federal tax forms can be printed off the IRS Web site for $0.10 a page. The first five pages are free.
- General Proquest
- Available anywhere with a Pratt library card number.
- Search terms: tax, taxes, taxation can all be used as subject searches to create different lists of subject headings related to those words. Enter select words from your particular topic as keywords for a more specific search.