The Pratt Contemporaries are a diverse group of cosmopolitans who seek to raise awareness of the Enoch Pratt Free Library as a vital part of Baltimore’s identity.
Through bold, innovative programs and outreach efforts, the Pratt Contemporaries group provides a venue for emerging creative thinkers who want to establish a lifeline between their library, their city, and their communities. The Pratt Contemporaries programming also extends outside of the Library to offer members the experience of Baltimore’s cultural life in the community at large.
Pratt Contemporaries membership dues, donations, and special events, including the Black & White Party, allow the Pratt Contemporaries to make year-end grants that fund child and teen literacy programs and improvements to branch children’s departments at the Enoch Pratt Free Library. Since its inception, the Contemporaries have raised more than $1 million!
Pratt Contemporary members enjoy an exciting array of benefits, including:
- Free or reduced-rate admission to Pratt Contemporaries year-round events
- Access to the exclusive Black & White Party member pre-sale and first dibs and reduced pricing on tickets to this sell-out event
- Complimentary ticket(s) to our signature fundraiser, the Black & White Party (at upper levels of membership)
- The chance to meet prominent writers, artists and intellectuals at library events
- The ability to support child and teen literacy programs at the Enoch Pratt Free Library!
A vital giving circle with unique benefits, including the chance to meet and hear from Pulitzer-Prize winning authors and exclusive social events.