Meeting Room Policy & Regulations
Library public meeting rooms support library-sponsored programs for the community, however during normal operating hours unscheduled meeting rooms may be available for public gatherings.
Central Library/State Library Resource Center
Learn more about reserving Central Library spaces, including the Wheeler Auditorium, Poe Room, and Central Hall.
An organization may reserve the Library Meeting Rooms or the Auditorium for no more than six meetings per year. If a meeting is canceled, the State Library Resource Center Office and Information Desk must be notified 24 hours in advance. Failure to notify Library Management of cancellations may result in the organization's inability to use or reserve meeting rooms in the future. Please check the Library's hours of operation to ensure adequate notice is given.
Applications for use of meeting rooms in branch libraries may be obtained at the branch where the desired meeting is to take place. In those branches where the demand is great, an organization may be limited in the number of bookings. If a meeting is canceled, the branch where the meeting was to be held must be notified 24 hours in advance. Failure to notify Library Management of cancellations may result in the organization's inability to use or reserve meeting rooms. Please check the Library's hours of operation to ensure adequate notice is given.
Meeting Room Charges
There is a fee for the use of the Library’s meeting Rooms. This fee includes setting up the room in a classroom style, auditorium style or conference room style at the Central Library only. Coffee, tea, ice water and/or refreshments must be provided by the group reserving a meeting room. All meeting rooms must be left clean and returned to their original set-up at the close of the meeting or program. Library staff are not available to provide facilities service for meeting rooms.
- Up to 4 hours – No charge
- 4 to 8 hours - $50.00
Non-Profit Groups are required to provide a legal non-profit letterhead or a 501c3 certificate denoting non-profit status.
For-Profit and Out-of-State Groups
- Up to 4 hours - $100.00
- 4 to 8 hours - $120.00
Payment may be by cash, check or money order one week before the scheduled meeting. Meeting room reservations will not be held if payment is not received one week before the scheduled meeting. Checks are to be made out to the Enoch Pratt Free Library.
Fees are not charged to the following:
- Library organizations and organizations of which the Library is a member
- Departments of local, state and federal government
- Elected officials in local, state and federal government
Activities that interfere with normal functions of the Library are prohibited. The Library will make final decisions on meeting room availability and use, and the Library reserves the right to review and make changes to this policy at any time without notification.
The following regulations must be observed in using Library public meeting rooms. Customer booking meeting rooms must sign a copy of the application form to indicate agreement.
Reservations will be confirmed in the order the requests are received in. Reservations will be confirmed in writing, and must be made at least one week in advance of the desired meeting date.
- The responsible party may return the signed agreement in person, via email or fax to the Library branch manager where the meeting is to take place or to the Chief of Central's Office for a Central Library meeting.
- At least one adult 18 years of age must be present at all times.
- No fee of any kind may be charged, nor may a collection be taken at meetings. Promotion of any activity for which a fee is charged is not permitted.
- No materials of any kind can be sold on library premises by outside groups or organizations. The Library does reserve the right to allow admission charges and/or the sale of products by any entity presenting a program sponsored by or in cooperation with the Library.
- Membership and payment of dues may not be solicited or collected.
- All printed material advertising the meeting, including newspaper advertisement must include the following disclaimer: "Use of library meeting space does not constitute endorsement of this organization, this program or its content by the Enoch Pratt Free Library.”
- Any publicity, including brochures, flyers, radio and TV announcements, newspaper ads, etc., must carry the name and telephone number of the individual or organization sponsoring the meeting. The library may not be identified or implied as a sponsor. The library telephone number may not appear on the publicity.
- Publicity for an event (notice on a Library bulletin board, flyers to be placed on a Library giveaway table, etc.) may be allowed with prior arrangement and permission from Library Management.
- All members of the organization and the audience attending the meeting must leave the building by closing time.
- Organizations must provide their own equipment for audiovisual or multimedia based presentations. Some equipment is available in some locations if the organization can provide an individual who knows how to operate the equipment and these arrangements are made at least one week prior to the meeting.
- Arrangements may be made for the Library Technician to operate a projector or other equipment at the Central Library/State Library Resource Center only. These arrangements must be made one week in advance of the meeting at a fee of $20.00.
- The Library cannot guarantee a wireless open Internet connection in its meeting rooms. Direct connections to the Library’s network are not available.
- Arrangements requiring janitorial assistance, moving of the meeting room furniture, or the use of the public address system in the Wheeler Auditorium at the Central Library/State Library Resource Center should be made at the time of booking and requires a minimum of one-week notice prior to the meeting.
- Rooms must be left in the same condition as found at the beginning of the meeting. Trash must be placed in receptacles provided and tables and chairs left in the arrangement found at the beginning of the meeting. Organizations will be liable for any damages to Library property.
- Non-alcoholic beverages and light refreshments may be served in public meeting rooms provided the serving of refreshments does not interfere with Library operations. Refreshments and beverages including coffee, tea, ice water are not supplied by the Library, these are the responsibility of the organization using the Library’s meeting room space. Organizations are welcome to supply boxed hot beverages from local convenience stores and bottled water. Refreshments may be served in the Wheeler Auditorium of the Central Library/State Library Resource Center on approval.
- Smoking is not permitted in any Pratt Library.
- No tipping of Library employees is permitted.
- Library Management will not assume responsibility for any properties the organization may bring to the Library for use in connection with a meeting.
- Neither the name nor the address of the Enoch Pratt Free Library may be used as the official address or headquarters of an organization.
- Inquiries concerning the meeting may be referred to the person who signs the reservation form.
- Library Management reserves the right to monitor compliance with these regulations.
- Comments regarding this policy can be referred to the CEO of the Library.
Review the guidelines for filming or shooting photography on any Pratt Library property.