Pratt Library Computer Courtesies
The Enoch Pratt Free Library attempts to provide equitable computer access to all our customers. We ask everyone to please observe the following courtesies when using library PCs:
- Please sign in using "SAM" (Smart Access Manager™), the library’s automated computer and printing sign-in system. A library card, ‘computer use only’ card or Visitors Pass is required for authorized use. [More about SAM]
- Each library department or branch may have different time limits for computer use, depending on the number of PCs they have available. Ask library staff for more information.
- Please cooperate with staff who may need to designate computers for catalog or reference use only, or “Differently Abled Priority.”
- Do not attempt to download and/or install software programs on library computers. If you do, you may lose library privileges.
- Do not access pornographic or obscene materials. If you do, you may lose library privileges.
- Save your work on a floppy disk, not the hard (C:) drive. (Disks can be purchased at the circulation desk.)
- Computer workstations are designed to be used by one person at a time.
- Computers in Children’s areas and ‘Kids Corner’ PCs are for use by children ages 13 and younger.
- Computers in the Student Express adult area of Central Library’s Fiction Department are for use by young adults only.