Calling Maryland poets age 18 and older! Submit a poem to the Enoch Pratt Free Library Poetry Contest for the chance to be published and featured.
Maryland poets, this free contest is for you! The winning poem will be published in Little Patuxent Review and celebrated at a public reading hosted by the Pratt Library and Little Patuxent Review. It may also be displayed in one of the Central Library's monumental windows or turned into a collectible broadside. The winner will be announced on this page in mid-April.
- Entrants must be Maryland residents, 18 or older.
- Paid or volunteer staff of the Enoch Pratt Free Library and Little Patuxent Review and their immediate families are not eligible, nor are previous Pratt Library Poetry Contest first-place winners.
- Please send only one original poem, on any theme and in any form, for consideration.
- Your entry must be unpublished, either in print or online, including personal blogs, Facebook, or Twitter. It cannot be currently under review for possible publication.
- Your entry must not exceed 100 lines.
- Submit your typed entry as a Microsoft Word attachment by email to email@example.com or by mail to:
Poetry Contest, Humanities Department
Pratt Library, 400 Cathedral St.
Baltimore, MD 21201-4484
- All entries must be received by March 1, 2021.
- Please submit your name, address, phone number, and a brief biography on a separate page. Please do not put your name, address, phone number, or biography on the entry itself. Our judges will see only the poem.
- Confirmation of receipt and comments on your entry will not be provided, nor will your entry be returned to you.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (410) 396-5430.
Interested in past winners? Check out the poems that won in previous years. (PDF)
Help us spread the word! Print and share a Poetry Contest flyer (PDF).
Check out our upcoming poetry events for adults:
Poets Joseph Ross and Michael Torres read from and discuss their new books. Joseph Ross is the author of four books of poetry…March 10, 7 PM
CityLit Project joins the Enoch Pratt Free Library in presenting the CityLit Festival - Reimagined: a virtual…March 31, 7:30 PM
Join us for readings and discussion inspired by the Washington Writers' Publishing House's new anthology, This Is…April 21, 7 PM
Books & More
Your journey starts here! A Pratt library card gives you access to everything from books, eBooks, and audio books to movies and music.