COVID-19 Closure & Library Policy Updates
Temporary policy changes, safety guidelines, services, and resources.
Sidewalk Service & Online Holds Unavailable
- Sidewalk Service at all locations will be unavailable from Friday, February 26 to Sunday, March 7 for staff training and deep cleaning of buildings ahead of reopening to the public on Monday, March 8.
- Online requests to hold items from the catalog are unavailable, and will resume on Friday, March 5.
On Monday, March 8 all Pratt locations will be open, first come, first served, Monday through Saturday. Once the building reaches 25% capacity, security will limit entry.
COVID-19 Services & Resources
Baltimore, we are here for you. We are proud to provide remote and contact-free services across the city, as well as information and resources accessible from the comfort of your home.
Customer Requirements & Safety Procedures
We are excited to welcome you back into our buildings! Learn more about what the Pratt Library has been doing to keep you safe, and policies that must be followed during your visit.COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
Temporary Policy Changes
During the library closure, we have made the following updates to our policies:
- Standard due dates will apply to any materials borrowed through Sidewalk Service. Materials borrowed through Books By Mail will have a standard loan period of 6 weeks.
- Please return materials to our contact-free book drops. If you are
returning a mobile hotspot or tablet, please make an appointment using Sidewalk Service to arrange a drop-off.
- Customers needing an extension on their due dates may contact
their local branch. Extensions on interlibrary loans may not be allowed.
- Customers will not be referred to our collection agency during the library’s closure.
- Any library cards due to expire will remain active during the closure.
Library is currently unable to accept donations of materials due to
COVID-19. Please do not place donations into book drops at this time.
- The Pratt Library is following recommendations provided by the Maryland Department of Health (MDH) by quarantining all incoming materials for 48 hours. Staff will begin checking in items after the 48 hour quarantine period is complete. Depending on the day and time returned, you should expect to see items removed from your account within one (1) week. If items are still showing on your account after one week, please contact the library where you returned your materials. You may still enjoy your full borrowing period as items are backdated in our system to account for this delay.
- In the event a Pratt location is closed for decontamination, hold pick up and due dates will be extended according to the number of days the location is closed. The only items that will not be extended are Marina Interlibrary Loan items and items that are already overdue.
- Items returned during a location closure will be backdated to account for the number of days the location is closed.
Extended Borrowing Privileges for Downloads & Streaming Media
Get an eCard
Register online for a Pratt Library eCard, and get instant access to eBooks, audiobooks, media, and more.