Community members can get help with finding stable housing, education, advocacy, and more at select Pratt locations in partnership with the Mayor's Office of Homeless Services.
About Housing Navigators
Community members can now meet with Housing Navigators at conveniently-located community hubs to get help resolving a potential or current housing crisis. This new service is being offered at five select Pratt Library branches in partnership with the Mayor’s Office of Homeless Services (MOHS).
Housing Navigators are available for free, in-person consultations by drop-in visit at the following locations, Monday through Friday, 11 am through 4 pm unless otherwise noted. Housing Navigators can also be reached by phone during their working hours.
- Central Library: (443) 401-9750
- Brooklyn Branch: (443) 615-1232
- Pennsylvania Avenue Branch: (443) 401-9759
- Waverly Branch: (410) 458-9113
Housing Navigators can also be reached at email@example.com.
Services offered by the Housing Navigators include:
- Guidance to help community members understand their housing crisis and work towards strategic resolution
- Identification of community resources to quickly resolve current episode of homelessness or prevent a potential housing crisis
- Development of an individualized housing plan that accounts for long-term housing stability
- Connection to Emergency Shelter (based on availability)
- Completion of Coordinated Access Intake to determine eligibility for housing resources for people experiencing homelessness
- Navigation support for community members who have been matched to a housing program through Coordinated Access but still need to select housing/sign lease
- Short-term case management and connection to vital services
Social Worker in the Library
Get free one-on-one advice on a variety of social issues from a social worker at select Pratt locations.
Lawyer in the Library
Get free one-on-one legal advice on a variety of issues, both in person and online.