Food for Friends: January 2–31, 2019
Donate canned foods to help our neighbors in need.
- All proceeds benefit the Maryland Food Bank.
- One can pays off $1 of library fees up to $50 per customer for the month.
For example, 5 cans = $5 off of your library fees.
- Canned goods must be unopened and unexpired to qualify. No glass containers, please.
- To participate, just drop off your cans at the Circulation Desk of any Pratt Library branch.
You can donate even if you don't have fees. Contact your local branch for details.
Support healthy eating by donating the following most needed items:
- Canned Proteins: canned tuna, salmon, chicken, peanut butter, or beans
- Canned Vegetables: low sodium, no salt added
- Fruits and Juices: in light syrup or its own juices, fruit cocktail, apple sauce, juice boxes
- Pasta & Rice: brown & white rice, macaroni & cheese, pasta
- Breakfast: cereal, oatmeal, quick oats, granola/cereal bars
- Soups & Stews: low sodium, beef stew, chili, chicken noodle, vegetable, turkey & rice
- Dairy: shelf-stable milk, evaporated milk, infant formula