Fines & Fees
All library materials should be returned on or before the due date. Other people may be waiting for these materials.
Fines will be charged daily on each overdue item. Materials that remain overdue after 45 days will be assumed lost. If the materials are not returned, library accounts will be sent to a collection agency and ultimately may be sent to the the three major credit bureaus. An additional $10.00 nonrefundable collection fee will be added to the account.
All borrowers will be charged for overdue library materials as follows:
- Adult Cards: 20 cents per day; maximum fine $6.00 per item
- Children's and Young Adult Cards: 10 cents per day; maximum fine $3.00 per item
- First Cards: There are no fines but borrowers will be responsible for lost or damaged items.
Fees for lost or damaged library materials:
- Books that can be repaired: $10.00
- Books lost, or that can not be repaired: Full replacement cost of item, plus $6.00 processing fee
- Audio and Video/DVD: Full replacement cost of item, plus 6.00 processing fee (this fee also applies to lost or damaged items/sets)
Replacement with an exact, new copy of a lost library item plus a $6.00 processing fee may be accepted, provided it meets library standards i.e. if damaged/lost item is hard cover then replacement must be the same.
- Lost Library Card: $2.00
- Media Case: $10.00
- Sights & Sounds Shipping case: $2.00
Children aged 17 and under can read down their fines. Learn more.