Marina Interlibrary Loan Service
Didn't find what you want in the Pratt Library Catalog?
You may be able to find it at another library and have it sent to you with an Interlibrary Loan Request using Marina:
How does interlibrary loan work?
The Marina Virtual Catalog searches Maryland public libraries and shows you the availability of the item. Click on the link titled Interlibrary Loan Request to try it. If you can't find your item in the Virtual Catalog, you can place a request by clicking on request loan or request a copy which will be submitted to libraries all over the country. You can submit requests for books, articles, audio/visual material, musical scores and microfilm.
How much does it cost?
The Pratt Library does not charge a fee for ILL, however some lending libraries do charge a fee to cover the cost of shipping and processing. The cost of a loan from these libraries varies greatly and we will not know the exact charge until a lender is able to fill the request. No matter how much you're willing to pay, Pratt will always try to get the item free of charge for you.
How will I know when my item has arrived?
The library will contact you when your item is available for pickup. We will also notify you if we are unable to fill your request. The average time to fill an interlibrary loan is 2-3 weeks, however response times vary from library to library.
What else should I know?
- Not all libraries have the same lending period as the Pratt Library. Some items may have a shorter loan period than 21 days and no interlibrary loan materials from outside of the Marina network may be renewed. You can identify these items by a white band with letters OCLC in red.
- Customers may submit up to three interlibrary loan requests per day.
- Library cards from other Maryland public library system can be used, but need to be validated for use at the Enoch Pratt Free Library. Customers must have an account in good standing to be eligible for interlibrary loan service.
- A $1.00 fee will be charged for OCLC items that are not picked up.
- First Card and Juvenile Users' cards may not be used to request adult material via OCLC.
Interested in Large Print Materials?
You can search for and request large print titles in Marina. Just look for the "LP" icon that will display to identify the record as a large print item:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 410-396-5498