How To Use SAM
Please check with a staff member if you have problems signing in.
More about SAM
How To Use SAM
Before you begin - If you think you may need to print anything, go the the APM machine and add money to your account or add money online using your credit card. No change is given, so only add the amount of money you want to use to your account.
- Go to the "Reserve a PC" computer station and swipe your library card or enter your library card number (on the back of your card)
- Make sure your card number appears on the screen. Note which PC you are assigned to.
- At your assigned PC, enter your library card number and your PIN number . *
- Read and accept Library Computer Use Policy.
- Click on [OK].
- Always click on [End Session] when you are finished to protect your privacy.
* Don't know your PIN number?
Ask for help at the circulation desk.
Your Computer Session Time:
Once you log on, a Personal Session Manager appears.
(Click [Minimize] to move it to the taskbar at the bottom of the screen.)
- Time Remaining tells you how much time you have.
- An Inactivity Warning shows if your PC is idle for too long.
- Timeout warnings appear before your session will end.
- Always click [End Session] when you are finished.
- Library Is Closing warnings display before the library closes.
- You are limited to four (4) total hours of computer time per day, regardless of location.
To Lock Your Computer Session:
Lock Computer allows you to save your current computer session if you need to leave for a few minutes (to pick up a printed document, ask the librarian a question, use the restroom, etc.)
From your “Personal Session Manager”:
- Simply click the [Lock Computer] button.
- “This Workstation is Locked” screen will appear.
- To unlock the PC, enter your library card number and click [Unlock Workstation].
- Important: Your time will continue to count down when your PC is locked.
Printing with SAM:
SAM lets you see a list of all your print jobs prior to printing.
- Use Print Preview to see how many pages you are about to print.
- SAM Print Manager shows Current Account Balance, Total Number of Free Pages, Total Number of Pages, Price per Page, and Total amount owed.
- You get five (5) free pages per day (no free pages with a Visitor Pass.)
- After the free printouts, prints cost 10 (ten) cents per page, plus tax.
- Use the Automated Payment Machine (“APM”) to add money to your account or add money online using your credit card.
Your Privacy is Important:
SAM ensures your privacy while using the library’s computer. When you log off the Internet, SAM deletes all the sites you visited and also any “Favorites” and “Bookmarks” Your printing information will also be deleted.
Please remember to end your session before you leave the computer!