Pratt Library Computer Courtesies
The Enoch Pratt Free Library attempts to provide equitable computer access to all customers. Please observe the following courtesies when using library PCs:
- Please sign in using "SAM" (Smart Access Manager™), the Library’s automated computer and printing sign-in system. A library card, ‘computer use only’ card or Visitors Pass is required for authorized use. [More about SAM]
- Each library department or branch may have different time limits for computer use, depending on the number of PCs available. Ask library staff for more information.
- Please cooperate with staff who may need to designate computers for catalog or reference use only, or “Differently Abled Priority.”
- Do not attempt to download and/or install software programs on library computers. If you do, you may lose library privileges.
- Do not access pornographic or obscene materials. If you do, you may lose library privileges.
- Save your work on a flash drive, not the hard (C:) drive. (2 GB flash drives can be purchased at the circulation desk.)
- Computer workstations are designed to be used by one person at a time.
- Computers in Children’s areas and ‘Kids Corner’ PCs are for use by children ages 12 and younger.
- Computers in the Student Express area of the Central Library’s Fiction Department are for use by young adults only.