- Air Bag & Seat Belt Safety
- Sponsored by the National Safety Council, this page provides statistics, fact sheets and survey information on the use of air bags and safety belts.
- Car Talk
- Can't get enough of Tom and Ray on the radio? Check out their website full of lots of useful information mixed with a bit of fun.
- Center for Auto Safety
- The Center for Auto Safety was founded by Ralph Nader. From this site you can link to state lemon laws, "Auto Defects" reports for specific makes and models, and more.
- Edmund's Buyer's Guides
- The online version of the popular print publication provides prices and evaluations for new cars and small trucks and for used cars. Includes information on current manufacturer's rebates as well as an autoloan calculator to help figure out the monthly payment.
- EPA's Fuel Economy Guide
- Are you in the market for a new car and are concerned about fuel efficiency? This site is published by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) as a guide to new car buyers who are concerned about fuel costs.
- How Automobiles Work
- Automotive section of Marshall Brain's informative How Stuff Works website. Provides clearly written, detailed essays on the inner workings of the automobile.
- Kelley Blue Book
- Go to the "Used Car Values" section and enter the information specific to your vehicle to get a trade-in or retail value.
- Maryland Automobile Insurance Fund
- The Maryland Automobile Insurance Fund (MAIF) was created by the Maryland State Legislature in 1972 for the purpose of providing automobile liability insurance for those residents of the State of Maryland who are unable to obtain it elsewhere in the private insurance market.
- An authoritative source for checking the value of new and used cars and other vehicles. Use this site to check the prices for New Cars, Used Cars (1982-date), Classic Cars (1946-date), Power Sports vehicles (1905-date), power and sail boats (1965-date), Recreational Vehicles (1986-date), Aircraft (1945-date) and Manufactured Housing (1962-date).
- National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration
- Access to a national recalls database, auto defect investigations, crash testing, and other safety information.
- The Install Doctor
- Chilton's, Autoweb.com, and other auto references usually do not cover audio installation and repair. Therefore, The Install Doctor fills a gap in helping you fix your car's radio, CD, and sound systems. For color-coded wiring diagrams, click on "quick radio wiring info." To read the PDF files on this site, you must have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer.
maintained by the staff of the
Business, Science & Technology Department,
State Library Resource Center,
Enoch Pratt Free Library