- Better Business Bureau: For Charities and Donors
- The BBB Wise Giving Alliance "collects and distributes information on hundreds of nonprofit organizations that solicit nationally or have national or international program services." Reports on charities include background information, current programs, governance, fund-raising practices, finances, and an indication of whether or not the organization complies with the voluntary Standards for Charitable Solicitation.
- Charity Navigator
- Not sure who to trust with your donation? Charity Navigator is a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to helping donors make informed decisions. This site provides information on over 5,000 charities.
- In partnership with Guidestar, Charity Navigator, and GlobalGiving, GreatNonprofits allows the users to rate over 1.2 million nonprofits. The donors give first-hand stories on how they have been affected by nonprofits, and why they have decided to donate to the nonprofits. Future donors may look for charities by "top issues" and "nearby cities."
- Financial and operations information on over one million nonprofit groups in the United States is available. Free registration is necessary to search the site.
- Network for Good
- This is a Web site where you can give to your favorite charity/charities and have all your donation records stored and accessible at any time. You can also use this site to find volunteering opportunities in your area and create an online record of service.
Maintained by the staff of the
State Library Resource Center,
Enoch Pratt Free Library