- Baltimore Architecture Foundation
- The Foundation is involved in researching the early architects and architectural firms of the City, and in promoting an understanding of and an appreciation for Baltimore’s built environment.
- Baltimore Architecture Project
- The Baltimore Architecture Project provides a searchable source of information on Baltimore’s built environment, ca. 1850-1945, through the American Architects and Buildings database. Free registration is required.
- Baltimore City Archives
- The Baltimore City Archives provides access to important documents related to the history and geography of the CIty. This page contains the full text to a growing number of primary documents that will be of interest to researchers of history and biography/genenalogy.
- Baltimore City Historical Society
- The Society works with Baltimore historians sponsoring programs on City history, and with museums and universities in support of their collections of historical materials.
- Baltimore Museum of Industry
- The Museum’s mission is to collect, preserve, and interpret items from Baltimore’s industrial past.
- Maryland Historical Trust -- Baltimore City Heritage Area
- The Baltimore City Heritage Area's goals include promoting tourism and preserving the city's unique historical resources.
- University of Baltimore -- Langsdale Library
- This listing of the Library’s Special Collections Department holdings includes information on the architecture of several Baltimore neighborhoods, urbanization in the city, and the 1968 riots.
maintained by the staff of the
State Library Resource Center,
Enoch Pratt Free Library