- Consumers Union's Food Safety
- From the nonprofit publisher of Consumer Reports, this site strives to bring food safety risks to the attention of the public. With sections on such subjects as food contaminants and pesticides, we can educate ourselves about risks and regulatory deficiencies that could result in harm.
- Fast Food Calorie Counter
- Provides links to the nutritional and calorie information of food, drinks, and desserts served at 90 popular fast food and casual restaurant chains.This site also provides tools for finding drink recipes by ingredient (click the "Home Bartender" link in the left column). Its main feature, finding restaurants in chosen geographic locations, is also helpful, but be aware that only restaurants that pay to be listed are included.
- Provides easy access to all online federal government information on nutrition. This resource makes obtaining government information on nutrition, healthy eating, physical activity, and food safety easily accessible in one place. It covers a wide variety of links to food and nutrition resources on the Internet including food allergies, food labeling, dietary guidance, dietary supplements, nutrition and cancer, vegetarian nutrition, the Dietary Guidelines, MyPyramid food guidance system, and preparing nutritious meals.
- USDA National Nutrient Database
- This searchable database reports the nutrient values (calories, protein, minerals, vitamins, fats and amino acids, etc.) for more than 6,000 foods.
maintained by the staff of the
Business, Science & Technology Department,
State Library Resource Center,
Enoch Pratt Free Library