Please see Maryland Nonprofits For information specific to nonprofit management and fundraising in Maryland.
- 990 Finder
- The complete tax returns for all private foundations nonprofits in the United States are available here. Use this database to find out who is *really* funding programs like your own.
- Council on Foundations
- Explains types of foundations, how to start a foundation, and provides links to member's home pages, links to associations of grant makers, and to philanthropy research worldwide.
- David Lamb's Prospect Research
- Looking for the perfect donor? Lamb's Web site provides quick links to directories, public records, foundation Web sites and more.
- Foundation Center
- A great place to begin funding research, this site allows you to browse the Foundation Center's list of publications which can be found in the Pratt Library Grants Collection. Online training courses are available: " Grantseeking", "Guide to Funding Research" and "Proposal Writing". A tutorial for "Foundation Directory Online", which the Pratt Library has, is also available.
- Fundraising Technology Resources: Online Fundraising
- Fundraising Technology Resources, created by Robert L. Weiner Consulting, is a fundraising technology directory that includes multiple online fundraising resources. Other topics on the website include email marketing, newsletters, and social media.
- GrantSpace, a service of the Foundation Center, "offers information and resources that are specifically designed to meet
the needs of nonprofits worldwide in need of know-how for securing
funding and operating effective organizations."
- Grassroots Institute for Fundraising Training (GIFT)
- Do you have a burning question about fundraising? GIFT's advice may give you a good tip and maybe a good laugh as well.
- GuideStar: The National Database of Nonprofit Organizations
- GuideStar is operated by Philanthropic Research, a public charity, "to revolutionize philanthropy and nonprofit practice with information." - About. Although some of its services are only available for subscribers, it offers free searching of its database of information on more than 850,000 nonprofit organizations.
- Network For Good
- Nonprofits can receive online donations through this site. In addition, nonprofits can access tools for fundraising, volunteer recruitment and donor communication.
- RFP Bulletin
- RFP Bulletin, produced by the Foundation Center, regularly posts new RFPs (or requests for proposals). These funding opportunities can be searched by broad category such as substance abuse, civil rights, community, human services, and children & youth.
- Salem Press: Library Grants Center
- Are you a librarian that wants to learn about the grantmaking world? Ready to write your proposal? The Library Grants Center is a free web tool that librarians of all experience levels can use for grantseeking and grantswriting.
- The Grantsmanship Center: Funding Sources
- The Grantsmanship Center has local, federal, and international funding sources. The local sources include top grantmaking foundations, community foundations, corporate giving programs, and state government homepages.
- Foundation Directory Online
- Search over 108,000 foundations, corporate giving programs, and grantmaking public charities in the U.S.
maintained by the staff of the
State Library Resource Center,
Enoch Pratt Free Library