- NonProfit Times - Available in print in the Grants Collection
- The internet version of a very informative monthly newspaper for nonprofits with articles on trends and developments in the field. A free subscription to the Nonprofit Times is available for full time, U.S. nonprofit executives.
- Board Cafe: The Newsletter Exclusively for Members of Nonprofit Boards of Directors
- "Short enough to read over a chai latte, the Board Café offers a menu of ideas, opinion, news, and resources to help board members give and get the most out of board service." - Intro. Actually, it's a free electronic newsletter that will be of interest to nonprofit board members. Many of the links are worth checking into.
- Chronicle of Philanthropy - Available in print in the Grants Collection
- Recent issues of the Chronicle of Philanthropy, a leading journal in the field, include news, new grants, and job listings. An excellent selection of links includes fundraising and nonprofit organization management, private and government grantmakers, fundraising on the internet, legal issues and other topics. A listing of conferences, workshops and seminars is also posted.
- ePhilanthropy is a nonprofit that works to educate nonprofits to make the best use of the Internet to aid in various philanthropic endeavors.
- Foundation Center Washington D.C. Periodicals
- If you are interested in grantseeking, writing a proposal, or starting a nonprofit organization, The Foundation Center's Washington D.C. location has the most comprehensive library in our region. Here a list of magazines and journals the library subscribes to. Visits to The Foundation Center are free of charge.
- Foundation News and Commentary - Available in print in the Periodicals Department
- This bi-monthly periodical was produced by the Council on Foundations as a compliment to the publication Foundation Directory from 1960 through 2006. The Grants Collection has back issues of this periodical from 1996 through its last issue in October 2006.
- Grassroots Fundraising Journal - Available in print in the Grants Collection
- Find out what other local level organizations are doing to raise money and manage their nonprofits at the same time by reading Grassroots. The online version only permits viewers to read the feature article, but visitors may sign up for the e-newsletter. To read the complete periodical, visit the Grants Collection at the Enoch Pratt Free Library's Central Library.
- Philanthropy News Digest
- Philanthropy News Digest is a daily publication of the
Foundation Center that includes philanthropy-related articles,
requests for proposals, and a job board.
- Responsive Philanthropy - Available in print in the Grants Collection
- The National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy (NCRP) provides news on the nonprofit sector and information on philanthropic accountability. Those interested can join the email list to receive notice of news in the field.
- The Nonprofit Quarterly - Available in print in the Grants Collection
- The Nonprofit Quarterly publishes themed magazines that address information on managing a nonprofit. Sign up for the monthly E-Newsletter to receive updates on hot topics and new happenings in the nonprofit world. Select articles from this quarterly magazine are available online.
maintained by the staff of the
State Library Resource Center,
Enoch Pratt Free Library