- American Factfinder
- Locate demographic, economic information on the local, city and state levels.
- Department of Business and Economic Development provides all sorts of information for small businesses and business information for Maryland as well as on the local and regional resources.
- County Business Patterns
- Locate city, county and state economic and business activity by industry.
- IRS Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center
- SB/SE serves taxpayers who file Form 1040, Schedules C, E, F or Form 2106, as well as small businesses with assets under $10 million.
- IRS Tax Information for Business
- Federal tax information for businesses including Employee Identification Numbers (EIN).
- Maryland Comptroller of the Treasury
- Business and personal tax information. There is also payroll and procurement information available.
- Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation
- Occupational and professional licensing and unemployment information is available here.
- Maryland State Department of Assessment and Taxation
- Business, real estate, tax information and forms are available here. If you need incorporation forms, information about starting a small business This is a good starting place.
- Small Business Development Center
- Find advice, counseling and support with their programs and services. There are offices throughout Maryland.
Maintained by the staff of the
Business, Science & Technology Department,
State Library Resource Center,
Enoch Pratt Free Library