- Maryland demographic and economic profiles; apply for business licenses and permits; office and lab space for lease; an overview of the State’s services to small business. Discover all the facts and figures of doing business in Maryland at this site, provided by the Department of Business & Economic Development.
- Maryland Comptroller of the Treasury
- Services to business include tax information, downloadable Maryland tax forms (from 1995 to the present), and the Maryland Combined Registration Online Application.
- Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation
- Links to important information for labor and industry in Maryland, online access to state required occupational and professional licensing, information about workforce development, and services to job seekers and employers through the Maryland Workforce Exchange, are all available at this site.
- Maryland Small Business Development Center Network
- The Maryland Small Business Development Center Network (MDSBDC), a partnership between the U.S. Small Business Administration and the University of Maryland College Park, provides sound advice, counseling and support to entrepreneurs and small to mid-size businesses at more than 20 service locations statewide.
- Maryland State Department of Assessment and Taxation
- A ‘must see’ site when starting a new business in Maryland. Business entity forms, Security Interest Filings (UCC), and commercial property assessment, tax, and exemption information can all be found here.
- Maryland Workforce Exchange
- At this one-stop site for job seekers and employers statewide, registered visitors can look for a job and employers can post openings. One may post a resume, locate occupational education programs, or search an online calendar for employment events.
maintained by the staff of the
State Library Resource Center,
Enoch Pratt Free Library