- Bureau of Economic Analysis
- Bureau of Economic Analysis provides news and statistics in four categories: National, Regional, International and Industry. Once you select a category there is tab for articles on the top of the site. Use the right and left hand columns to find quick access to information.
- Bureau of Transportation Statistics
- Along with information related to airlines and fuel consumption there is information on freight transportation, and international transportation. Clicking on the word data on the left hand side allows searches to be performed by type of travel, subject and by agency. Each section allows you to tailor your search.
- Country Commercial Guides (Archives Only: 1996 - 2001)
- Annual reports prepared by U.S. Embassies offer a thorough analysis of the commercial and economic situation in many countries. Topics include: economic outlook, political environment, marketing U.S. products and services, leading sectors for U.S. exports, trade regulations, investment climate, financing, business travel, statistics, U.S. country contacts.
- Department of Commerce
- The Department of Commerce provides information related to many aspects of the U. S. economy. Their purpose is to support the economy. The lower right hand corner has links specifically related Free Trade and to International Outreach.
- Embassies of Washington, D.C.
- A comprehensive alphabetical list of contact information for foreign embassies in Washington with links to the embassy web site and/or additional information.
- Geared towards international business and research. This site contains country statistics, economics and history, market indicators and global resources related to law trade and research. There are academic articles about international economics also. Created by the Center for International Business Education and Research at Michigan State University.
- Directory of 1.5 million companies in over 60 countries searchable by company information or product listing. Requires registration.
- U.S. Census Bureau
- The trade section of the Census page provides statistics about import/export data. There is information listed by country, product and by the items U. S. states send overseas. There is a link that brings you to the Shippers Export Declaration (SED).
- USITC Trade Database
- Maintained by the U.S. International Trade Commission, the database provides statistics on U.S. imports and exports. The DataWeb also provides information on tariffs, as well as which countries have Normal Trade Relations with the U.S. Access is provided after free registration.
- World Trade Institute
- World Trade Institute here in Baltimore. The World Trade Institute’s purpose is to assist Maryland business do business worldwide. They provide classes, help create ties overseas and have a research library.
Maintained by the staff of the
Business, Science & Technology Department,
State Library Resource Center,
Enoch Pratt Free Library