State Library Resources
Information Services can help answer your questions through one of our five points of service:
- Information Desk—Located in the main hall of the Central Library, the Information Desk is your entry point to the resources and services of the library.
- Public Computer Center—Located in the Annex area of the Central Library, the Public Computer Center has 32 computers available for public use. A staff member is available to help with your computer questions. Computer classes are also held regularly in the Public Computer Center.
- Telephone Reference—The first point of contact for telephone calls coming in to the library, Telephone Reference has been available to answer questions on a wide range of topics since 1967. We can also connect you to the right library subject department for more in-depth questions. Telephone Reference is available during these service hours at 410-396-5430.
- Chat Reference—The Pratt Library participates in Maryland AskUsNow!, a 24/7 live online interactive service staffed by a statewide consortium of public, academic and special libraries. Submit your question to start up a live chat session with a Maryland librarian.
- Email—Send us a question by email, using our web form. Email is checked twice a day and responses are returned as quickly as possible, generally within two working days.