- You will need either a library card or computer use card and a pin number that can be obtained at Desk #4 in Central Hall. Out of state visitors can obtain temporary visitor cards good for 2 hours of same day computer use from the librarian in Central Hall.
- You are limited to 4 total hours of computer time per day.
- Prior familiarity with the software programs is necessary. Some computer reference material is available. Library staff will be glad to assist as time allows, and appointments can be made for additional help.
- Game playing is not allowed in the Public Computer Center.
- Eating and drinking are not allowed.
- Do not attempt to download and/or install software programs on library computers. If you do, you may lose library privileges.
- Please be mindful of others working in the Public Computer Center and keep voices low.
- Customers are encouraged to bring their own headphones. Sound from headphones should not be audible to other customers. Headphones may be purchased at the Circulation Desk for $1.50.
- If there is a problem with the computer, please notify staff.
- Save your work to portable USB drives ("flash drives"/"jump drives"). Flash drives may be purchased at the Circulation Desk for $10.
- When leaving the Computer Center mid-session, please lock the computer - PC Lock gives you 20 minutes before your session expires.
- Always End Session when finished to ensure your privacy.
- 5 free black and white printouts are allowed per day. Additional printing costs 10 cents plus tax per page. Money can be added to your card number on the APM machine.
For more information on Locking your PC, Ending a Session, Printing, and using the APM machine, see How To Use SAM