The Cherry Hill Branch has been a fixture in the Cherry Hill community since 1951. Originally, the branch was opened as the Cherry Hill Station, located at Giles and Cherry Hill Road. Then the Library moved to its second location, 2700 Spellman Road in 1954. In 1976 the branch was relocated to the Cherry Hill Multi-Purpose Center, also on Giles Road. This location was closed due to a fire in February 1996.
In 1998 the branch was a part of a community revitalization project sponsored by Catholic Charities. And on December 9, 1998, the Cherry Hill Branch reopened at its present location inside the Cherry Hill Town Center.