By Shaileen B.
Do you have a calendar for 2014 yet? We have a great new one at the Pratt Library. It has more library events to find, a nice clean layout, bigger images, and a faster search. But our favorite thing about it is that it's designed to accommodate you.
You'll find that this calendar adapts to your needs in lots of ways. For example:
- After selecting an “Event Type,” “Age Group,” location, or a combination of all these filters, you can "subscribe" to notification of all future events with that label through Google Calendar, iCal, Outlook, or an RSS Feed.
- You can create an alert for yourself about an event if you're using one of the calendars above.
- See a list of what's happening at any Library location by clicking on "Event Locations," then the location of your choice.
- Easily spread the word about an event through email, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, and tons of other networking options.
- This calendar is mobile-friendly. You can use it on smartphones and tablets.
You can also personalize the calendar by creating a calendar account, which is done easily using a Facebook or email account that you have already. Having an account will let you do many things, including:
- "Follow" a particular location, which makes events at that location show up in your “Plans” if people you have selected as “Friends” have said they are going.
- Share events in the Pratt calendar to your Facebook page, after connecting your Facebook account to your calendar account through the “Settings” under “Profile.”
- Get email reminders the day before events for which you've clicked "I'm Going.”
Check it out at calendar.prattlibrary.org, and if you have any questions, email us or leave a comment below. We've created a guide to using the events calendar to point out some of the new features.
Happy New Year! Here's to another 365 days of Pratt programs.