Every other Monday a housing counselor from GO Northwest Housing Resource Center presents a workshop called The Road to Mortgage Recovery at the Forest Park Branch. This presentation "helps families who are at risk of foreclosure and provides information on how to avoid the type of loans and practices that lead to trouble." The partnership between the Forest Park Branch and GO Northwest has enabled, to date, 215 homeowners to become empowered with information to get them on the road to recovery.
According GO Northwest, other outcomes of this partnership include:
- Reduction of foreclosures in Baltimore City on the whole, and in our Northwest Baltimore catchment area specifically
- Sustainability of homeownership in Baltimore City and in our Northwest Baltimore catchment area specifically
- Increase in value of clients’ homes and properties in their neighborhoods
- Increase in client’s disposable income due to mortgage savings
- Reduction in vacant/unoccupied, blighted and deteriorated residential properties caused by foreclosure
- Reduction of crime and vagrancy
- 45+ clients have obtained modifications w/ 20-30 currently pending.
If you or someone you know is in need of help with a mortgage, contact the GO Northwest Housing Resource Center to register for the next foreclosure prevention coaching session. They can be reached at 410-947-0084 Ext. 1.
Registration is closed for the current session, but you can sign up today for the September session!