Pratt Chat is the official blog of the Enoch Pratt Free Library.
Join us for stories about experiences, events, programs, collections, and all kinds of treasures found at the Pratt Library.
Director of Communications
Roswell is the Enoch Pratt Free Library’s Director of Communications since 2007. He is responsible for the marketing , media relations and social networking of the library. Prior to the Pratt Library, Roswell worked as a TV reporter for 12 years. He is passionate about good food, books, movies and everything Baltimore.
- On Display Today Only: Presidential Appointment Signed by Lincoln
On February 12, 2013, Lincoln's 204th birthday, the Enoch Pratt Free Library is displaying a Presidential Appointment signed by Abraham Lincoln in the Main Hall of the Central Library. The display will ...more
- [Video] Quoth the Raven: San Francisco Public Library Gracefully Concedes Defeat
On February 3, the Baltimore Ravens won the Super Bowl against the San Francisco 49ers. The Pratt Library placed a bet with the San Francisco Public Library that the library in the losing city would have ...more
- Pratt Library vs. San Francisco Public Library: Two Great Libraries, One Great Super Bowl Bet
- Wipe Your Slate Clean: Read Down Fines!
The Enoch Pratt Free Library is launching a year-long campaign called Read Down Finesto help children and teens reduce or eliminate their library fines. ...more
- [Video] Happy Holidays from the Pratt Library
The Enoch Pratt Free Library has so much to be grateful for this holiday season. We owe it to the nearly two million people who visit the library every year. From the children who participate in Mother ...more
- Free Your Imagination: New Holiday Window Display in Towson Town Center
As the song goes: ...more
- [Video] Season of Thanks
During this time of year, its good to reflect and appreciate our blessings and achievements. Our biggest thanks will always go to our patrons and our donors. Nearly two million people visit the Pratt Library ...more
- Thank You! Pratt Chat Wins Best Organization Blog Mobbie
We would like to extend a huge thank you to all our readers who voted for Pratt Chat to win the Baltimore Sun 2012 Mobbies award for Best Organization Blog. You are the reason we do this. ...more
- Facebook Generation Reading MORE and Frequenting Libraries!
Pop the champagne! The results of a new study by the Pew Research Center has us celebrating: More than eight in ten young Americans (ages 16-29) read a book in the past year, and six in ten used their ...more
- Pratt Contemporaries Celebrate Banned Books
What do Harry Potter, Holden Caulfield, Jay Gatsby, Atticus Finch and Christian Grey have in common? All are characters from banned and challenged books. ...more
- Lets Go Os! Orioles Memorabilia at the Pratt
Like the rest of Baltimore, the Pratt Library is under the spell of Orioles magic. We will be cheering on the hometown team during this afternoon's critical Game 5 of the American League Division Series ...more
- The Pratt Library Goes OFF THE WALL
Baltimore has a rich and amazing collection of art. That's why when the Pratt Library was approached to be part of the Walters Art Museum's Off the Wall Open Air Exhibition we rolled out the red carpet ...more
- News Know-how Campaign: News Literacy Project at the Pratt Library
The same time you are reading this there is probably a big flashing sign on your TV or on news websites announcing: "Breaking News" or "Just In" or "Exclusive." Everyday it feels like we are hit with a ...more
- Going Graphic! The Pratt Library Receives Graphic Novel Gift
The Enoch Pratt Free Library received a generous gift from the Small Book Expo on Tuesday: $5,000 worth of graphic novels for all ages. This wonderful gift includes 240 books compromising of 40 graphic ...more
- Get Carded: September is National Library Card Sign-Up Month
September is “Library Card Sign-up Month.” It’s a time when the Pratt Library reminds parents that the most important school supply of all is a library card. But nowadays, it gives you more than just ...more
- In the News: Washington Post Spotlights Southeast Anchor Library
Today's Washington Post has Baltimore all over it. The front page story, "Baltimore puts out welcome mat for immigrants", focuses on the growing immigrant population in Charm City and Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake's strategy ...more
- Time Magazine says Libraries are a 'Smart Investment for the Country's Future'
I was very honored and lucky to be part of a wonderful celebration last week at the Library of Congress. Librarians and university presidents from across the country gathered to commemorate two great institutions: ...more
- As Seen On TV
Summer is wonderful in so many ways: Laying on the beach, hiking and camping in the mountains or just lounging in your back yard or front porch. One of the best things about these summer activities you ...more