Meeting Room Policy & Regulations
Library public meeting rooms support library-sponsored programs for the community. At the discretion of the Library during normal operating hours, the Library Management will make available its unscheduled meeting room time slots for public gatherings. Activities that interfere with normal functions of the Library are prohibited. Final decisions on meeting room availability and use reside with the Executive Director. The Library reserves the right to review and make changes to this policy at any time without notification.
Central Library/State Library Resource Center: Applications (Form #90A) for use of Wheeler Auditorium (capacity 244) are available at the Information Desk and in the Office of the State Library Resource Center (410-396-5429). An organization may reserve the Library Meeting Rooms or the Auditorium for no more than six meetings per year. If a meeting is cancelled, the State Library Resource Center Office and Information Desk must be notified 24 hours in advance. Failure to notify Library Management of cancellations may result in the organization's inability to use or reserve meeting rooms in the future. Please check Library's hours of operation to ensure adequate notice is given.
Branch Libraries: Applications (Form #90A) for use of meeting rooms in branch libraries may be obtained at the branch where the desired meeting is to take place. In those branches where the demand is great, an organization may be limited in the number of bookings. If a meeting is cancelled, the branch where the meeting was to be held must be notified 24 hours in advance. Failure to notify Library Management of cancellations may result in the organization's inability to use or reserve meeting rooms. Please check Library's hours of operation to ensure adequate notice is given.
See a full list of locations and capacity of each meeting room. Contact information and an application form is also included.
MEETING ROOM CHARGES
There is a fee for the use of the Library’s meeting Rooms. This fee includes room set up in classroom, auditorium or conference style depending on the facility. The fee also includes hot water and ice water set-up. Coffee and tea supplies must be provided be the group reserving a meeting room.
Up to 4 hours – No charge
4 to 8 hours - $50.00
Non-Profit Groups are required to provide a legal non-profit letterhead or a 501c3 certificate denoting non-profit status.
For-Profit and Out-of-State Groups
Up to 4 hours - $100.00
4 to 8 hours - $120.00
Payment may be by cash or check ten days before the scheduled meeting. Meeting room reservations will not be held if payment is not received ten days before the scheduled meeting. Checks are to be made out to the Enoch Pratt Free Library.
The following regulations must be observed in using Library public meeting rooms. Customer booking meeting rooms must sign a copy of these regulations (Form #90) to indicate agreement. Reservation will be confirmed in writing in the order the signed agreement is received by Library Management Reservations must be made at least one week in advance of desired meeting date.
- The responsible party must present the signed agreement in person to the Library branch manager where the meeting is to take place or to the Chief of Central's Office for a Central Library meeting room booking. Reservations will not be confirmed by telephone.
- No fee of any kind may be charged, nor may a collection be taken at meetings.
- Promotion of any activity for which a fee is charged is not permitted.
- No materials of any kind can be sold on library premises.
- Membership and payment of dues may not be solicited or collected.
- All printed material advertising the meeting, including newspaper advertisement must include the following disclaimer: "Use of library meeting space does not constitute endorsement of this organization, this program or its content by the Enoch Pratt Free Library."
- Any publicity, including brochures, flyers, radio and TV announcements, newspaper ads, etc., must carry the name and telephone number of the individual or organization sponsoring the meeting. The library may not be identified or implied as a sponsor. The library telephone number may not appear on the publicity.
- Publicity for an event, e.g., notice on a Library Bulletin Board, flyers to be placed on a Library giveaway table, etc., may be allowed with prior arrangement and permission from Library Management.
- All members of the organization and the audience attending the meeting must leave the building by closing time.
- Organizations must provide their own equipment for audiovisual or multimedia-based presentations. Some equipment, e.g., microphones, are available in some locations if the organization can provide an individual who knows how to operate the equipment and these arrangements are made at least one week prior to the meeting.
- Arrangements may be made for the Library Technician to operate a projector or other equipment at the Central Library/State Library Resource Center only. These arrangements must be made one week in advance of the meeting and there is a $20.00 fee for a Technician after 5:00 pm.
- The library cannot guarantee a wireless open Internet connection in its meeting rooms. Direct connections to the Library’s network are not available.
- Arrangements requiring janitorial assistance, moving of the meeting room furniture, or the use of the public address system in the Wheeler Auditorium at the Central Library/State Library Resource Center should be made at the time of booking and requires a minimum of oneweek notice prior to the meeting.
- Rooms must be left in the same condition as found at the beginning of the meeting. Trash must be placed in receptacles provided and tables and chairs left in the arrangement found at the beginning of the meeting. Organizations will be liable for any damages to Library property.
- Non-alcoholic beverages and light refreshments may be served in public meeting rooms provided the serving of refreshments does not interfere with Library operations. Refreshments may not be served in the Wheeler Auditorium of the Central Library/State Library Resource Center.
- Smoking is not permitted in any Pratt Library.
- No tipping of Library employees is permitted.
- Library Management will not assume responsibility for any properties the organization may bring to the Library for use in connection with a meeting.
- Neither the name nor the address of the Enoch Pratt Free Library may be used as the official address or headquarters of an organization.
- It is understood that inquiries concerning the meeting may be referred to the undersigned.
- Library Management reserves the right to monitor compliance with these regulations.
- Comments regarding this policy can be referred to the Executive Director of the Library.