The following resources are available in the Public Computer Center:
- 32 computers running on the Windows 7 operating system. One of the computers is wheelchair accessible.
- All computers have Microsoft Office 2010, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher and FrontPage, and Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing software.
- Eleven computers have ZoomText software, which magnifies the screen image for people with visual disabilities. ZoomText also has a voice component so that the page can be read aloud.
- There are 3 printers available for printing your documents. There is also a machine for adding money to your account for additional printing needs.
- We have a device called SARA which can read your document to you. We also have a device called SmartView Xtend which will enlarge hardcopies of any article, book, or document that you wish to read. If you need to get a hardcopy of your document on your flashdrive or email, we have a scanner available for public use.
People of all ages use the Public Computer Center for education, personal research, job searching, and apartment hunting. Guidelines have been established to insure that those coming into the Center are able to take advantage of the opportunities provided.
- You can reserve a 2 or 4-hour computer up to 1 week in advance. Reservations can be made by phone at 410-545-6319 or in person at the Public Computer Center. As a courtesy to our customers, We will hold a reservation for 15 minutes before it is released to the next customer
- Internet use in the Public Computer Center is guided by the Library's Internet policy. An Internet FAQ has been provided to answer common questions.
- We have computer classes in the Public Computer Center, including beginning computer classes as well as classes on Microsoft Office and using the Internet. The class calendars for February , March and April are available to view and download. No registration is necessary.
Class PowerPoint Presentations
The following class PowerPoint presentations are available
to view and download:
Introduction to Computers
Introduction to Windows
Introduction to Microsoft Word 2010
Mouse TutorialClass Schedule Apr 2015
Using the mouse is an important skill to master. Click on the link below to
Learn your way around the keyboard by clicking on the link below.